Skip to main content

The True Bride (pages 1 & 2)

I am writing a Children's book (probably a couple) for Jayne for Christmas this year. I thought I would serialize it on my blog, so that everyone can get a good sample of it. I will be publishing it on lulu.com when I am done and it will be for sale. I will put up ordering info when the time comes : ) Enjoy!
The True Bride: As Told By Michelle Morgan
Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful young maiden named Elise. She lost her mother when she was a small girl, and her stepmother was terribly cruel to her. Each morning Elise was given a difficult task to complete by the evening. Her stepmother always gave her much more work than one person could possibly do and Elise would work her hardest, with out pity to complete her tasks. No matter how hard she worked, she could not please the wicked woman.

One morning the stepmother said to Elise, "Here are twelve pounds of feathers to strip and bag, and if you are not finished by this evening, you will get yourself a good beating." Elise stared at her stepmother, who replied, "The feathers will not strip themselves. Do you plan to idle all the day away?" With that the stepmother left the poor girl alone.

Elise worked as hard as she could, as tears streamed down her cheeks, for she could see that the task was quite impossible. Each time she sighed, the growing pile of feathers would scatter, and each time she stuffed, the feathers in the bag puffed up into the air. Finally, Elise collapsed to the ground, with her face in her hands, and sobbed, "Is there no one on Earth that will take pity on me?" As she finished, she heard a small reply.


"I will help you young maiden." Elise looked up and saw in front of her a tiny mouse. "Tell me of your troubles." She held the little mouse in her hands and told him about her life and the task that her stepmother had placed upon her. The tiny mouse listened intently to her tale and, at the finish, said, "Dry your tears and take a moment’s rest. I will see to it that your work is done." Elise did as the mouse bid and quickly fell asleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning the Uke

The Cat Returns is one of my favorite animated films. The end song, Kaze Ni Naru, is one of my favorite parts and gave me the longing to play the ukulele. I found just the uke for me here in Montreal. It is part musical instrument and part souvenir of Quebec. I am not terribly good at it yet, but I am starting to get this song down. Once I have it figured out, I will either attempt to learn the words so I can sing along, or move on to another great song. In the meantime, here is a great cover of the song by someone who has been playing a lot longer than I have.

Indescribable

Have you seen this video by Louie Giglio yet? It is really amazing to see how the universe proclaims God's glory. Take some time to watch it. God really is indescribable.

Cats in Paris: a Book Review

In Montreal adult coloring books are everywhere. When we came back to the states a couple of months ago I found they were popular here too. I really enjoy them and am very particular about what I pick. I like a lot of fine details mixed with whimsy.

Cats in Paris by Won-Sun Jang is simply beautiful. It begins with a sort of tour of Paris, with cats of course. There is a bit of narrative in this portion as well. The art is beautiful but not quite the page covering design work I personally love. The rest of the book makes up for it though. There are patterns and intri'cat' designs. The artwork throughout is beautifully done and a joy to fill in. I am so happy to be able to while away my quiet moments with this book.


More InfoAuthor BioI received this book from Blogging for Books for this review