Skip to main content

Goals for August

This month is a little short. We still have a lot going on. Jayne's and The Crazy Elephant's birthdays are both this month and it is bound to be exciting. I am still working with the itemized goals from last month and will continue to do so. I am mainly concerned about these 3 overall items...

*Get more exercise. That is a whole family effort. We have put a daily 30 minute dog walk into our routine and plan on having another hour of outside time, when we can, for Jayne as well. We spend too much time staying cool/warm in our house year round. It doesn't help that Adam and I are very much inside people as well.

*Check off my planner. I have gone through the entire month of august and written down all I want to accomplish. I can check off each item as I go. The items include household chores, Crazy Elephant work, and blogging. I am hoping to check off every single item on my planner.

*Finish getting ready for school. If I can get 2 weeks of school prepped per week, I can get the whole school year planned out before school starts. Of course there will be changes over time, but the groundwork will have been laid.

I am really excited for this last month of summer! How are you going to spend it?

Comments

Jill Johnson-Nackers said…
I am really watching what you guys are accomplishing and I am thinking of trying to implement some of what you are doing to try and help our family both save money and learn how to keep things up around the house.

We have already talked about going down to just basic cable and keeping internet and netflix after reading your blog the other day.

We are working on cleaning out throwing/donating things in our house that we are not using anymore and really thinking about new things before we buy or bring them in to our home.

Thanks for blogging about it, cuz we are having a hard time keeping the house organized and scheduling our lives to keep everything done on a regular basis. I enjoy hearing about you trying new things and letting us know how they are working for your family!
Michelle said…
Thanks Jill! I might have to schedule a post about keeping our house clean. It didn't used to be and now I barely spend any time working on it! I am so glad we can help : )

Popular posts from this blog

Learning the Uke

The Cat Returns is one of my favorite animated films. The end song, Kaze Ni Naru, is one of my favorite parts and gave me the longing to play the ukulele. I found just the uke for me here in Montreal. It is part musical instrument and part souvenir of Quebec. I am not terribly good at it yet, but I am starting to get this song down. Once I have it figured out, I will either attempt to learn the words so I can sing along, or move on to another great song. In the meantime, here is a great cover of the song by someone who has been playing a lot longer than I have.

Cats in Paris: a Book Review

In Montreal adult coloring books are everywhere. When we came back to the states a couple of months ago I found they were popular here too. I really enjoy them and am very particular about what I pick. I like a lot of fine details mixed with whimsy.

Cats in Paris by Won-Sun Jang is simply beautiful. It begins with a sort of tour of Paris, with cats of course. There is a bit of narrative in this portion as well. The art is beautiful but not quite the page covering design work I personally love. The rest of the book makes up for it though. There are patterns and intri'cat' designs. The artwork throughout is beautifully done and a joy to fill in. I am so happy to be able to while away my quiet moments with this book.


More InfoAuthor BioI received this book from Blogging for Books for this review

Indescribable

Have you seen this video by Louie Giglio yet? It is really amazing to see how the universe proclaims God's glory. Take some time to watch it. God really is indescribable.