Skip to main content

What's in the Bible

I have been eyeing the What's in the Bible dvd collection for months now. Little guy and I watched every clip available and fell in love. We finally purchased the entire old testament series (9 dvds). We have not watched all of them yet, but we are so glad we got them!

What's in the bible gives a brief review of each book of the bible. It is fun and includes lots of great music. As adults our favorite part is the information that is not in the books. They cover some really tough topics and make the answers so clear and very understandable. They don't beat around the bush or make things long and complicated like many studies we have done. Our understanding of christianity has improved quite a bit.

Some of the topics they have coverd are what are the books of the bible, who wrote them, why can we trust them, ect. Also tough stuff like how old is the earth. Last night we watched disk 7, yes, without the little guy because we like it so much that we watch it without him too, and learned why the Jews were called Jews once the story of Esther hit and we both sat there going "OooooOOOooh!" You just have to love when something suddenly clicks in your mind.

We are really enjoying the series! This is by far the best bible related study we have ever used. It is great for the whole family. The charatcters are fun and the songs are catchy. Our favorite song is the Genesis song with The Bently Brothers (clipped below). If you want to get your own copy you can click the link and save 20%! http://whatsinthebible.extole.com/a/clk/2pWM73


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning the Uke

The Cat Returns is one of my favorite animated films. The end song, Kaze Ni Naru, is one of my favorite parts and gave me the longing to play the ukulele. I found just the uke for me here in Montreal. It is part musical instrument and part souvenir of Quebec. I am not terribly good at it yet, but I am starting to get this song down. Once I have it figured out, I will either attempt to learn the words so I can sing along, or move on to another great song. In the meantime, here is a great cover of the song by someone who has been playing a lot longer than I have.

Cats in Paris: a Book Review

In Montreal adult coloring books are everywhere. When we came back to the states a couple of months ago I found they were popular here too. I really enjoy them and am very particular about what I pick. I like a lot of fine details mixed with whimsy.

Cats in Paris by Won-Sun Jang is simply beautiful. It begins with a sort of tour of Paris, with cats of course. There is a bit of narrative in this portion as well. The art is beautiful but not quite the page covering design work I personally love. The rest of the book makes up for it though. There are patterns and intri'cat' designs. The artwork throughout is beautifully done and a joy to fill in. I am so happy to be able to while away my quiet moments with this book.


More InfoAuthor BioI received this book from Blogging for Books for this review

Indescribable

Have you seen this video by Louie Giglio yet? It is really amazing to see how the universe proclaims God's glory. Take some time to watch it. God really is indescribable.