Skip to main content

Mission Update: Leave Date

It seems like a long time since I was able to share an actual update on our mission trip. We have been going through quite a season of change and waiting over these past months. God has been using this time to prepare us for the mission field. Our family has changed a lot since we first started this journey and I suspect that God will continue to sift and refine us till we leave and every day after.

So what is the new news? We have been working on a leave date with our team. We had to keep in mind when language school would be starting and have time to find an apartment. The date we have agreed upon and are now focusing on is January 1st, 2015. IMG_2185

We will be spending September and October visiting churches and connecting with individuals who may partner with us in God's work. We will be connecting with people about their pledge amounts, looking into final details for travel and arrival, re-packing the few belongings we had unpacked at my parent's house. In November and December we will be visiting with as many of our friends and family as we can so we can say our good-byes. We will also make sure to get final numbers and send out letters for our partners to begin giving. There is a lot of work to be done and though January feels like ages away at times, it will be here in a flash and we will want to be prepared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning the Uke

The Cat Returns is one of my favorite animated films. The end song, Kaze Ni Naru, is one of my favorite parts and gave me the longing to play the ukulele. I found just the uke for me here in Montreal. It is part musical instrument and part souvenir of Quebec. I am not terribly good at it yet, but I am starting to get this song down. Once I have it figured out, I will either attempt to learn the words so I can sing along, or move on to another great song. In the meantime, here is a great cover of the song by someone who has been playing a lot longer than I have.

Indescribable

Have you seen this video by Louie Giglio yet? It is really amazing to see how the universe proclaims God's glory. Take some time to watch it. God really is indescribable.

Cats in Paris: a Book Review

In Montreal adult coloring books are everywhere. When we came back to the states a couple of months ago I found they were popular here too. I really enjoy them and am very particular about what I pick. I like a lot of fine details mixed with whimsy.

Cats in Paris by Won-Sun Jang is simply beautiful. It begins with a sort of tour of Paris, with cats of course. There is a bit of narrative in this portion as well. The art is beautiful but not quite the page covering design work I personally love. The rest of the book makes up for it though. There are patterns and intri'cat' designs. The artwork throughout is beautifully done and a joy to fill in. I am so happy to be able to while away my quiet moments with this book.


More InfoAuthor BioI received this book from Blogging for Books for this review