Skip to main content

The Busy Season is Upon Us

We are leaving for Montreal in just 9 short weeks! After all these months of waiting it almost feels surreal that we are beginning to plan the details of our actual arrival. We anticipated that our last 6 weeks would be busy ones. They would be regardless with Thanksgiving and Christmas in there. With us making sure to visit everyone one last time before leaving, it was bound to be extra busy. We kind of thought we might get a little peace before the storm...

Yep, that did not happen. In the first few days of October, Adam's 97 year old grandmother took a turn for the worse and passed away. Our busy season had begun. It feels like it has only been a few days since we got that initial call but it has actually been just about 3 weeks. With activities, meetings, support raising, working at home and away, the days are flying by faster than I even want to think about. That 3 weeks flew by like nothing We only have 3 more of those to go.

Adam and I have taken an approach of asking ourselves what we can do to prepare to leave each day. One day we check on all the details involved to bring our dog, because we have been encouraged by our team to bring him. On another day we go through boxes weeding and fine tuning our belongings and packing so we don't have so many super heavy and super light boxes. There are lists to be made, paperwork to obtain and fill out, and calls to make. On top of it all, there is still support to raise.

Adam leaves his job on November 15th. I am so grateful that he will be able to take over some of the record keeping when he is done. We are really excited about the coming weeks and the leave date. It will be hard saying goodbye to our family and friends and it will be like a crazy race to the finish line with all that needs to be done, but we know that God will provide and be the strength we need when we need it most.

Comments

Blogger said…
Just received a check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can get taking paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for participating in paid surveys.

Popular posts from this blog

Learning the Uke

The Cat Returns is one of my favorite animated films. The end song, Kaze Ni Naru, is one of my favorite parts and gave me the longing to play the ukulele. I found just the uke for me here in Montreal. It is part musical instrument and part souvenir of Quebec. I am not terribly good at it yet, but I am starting to get this song down. Once I have it figured out, I will either attempt to learn the words so I can sing along, or move on to another great song. In the meantime, here is a great cover of the song by someone who has been playing a lot longer than I have.

Indescribable

Have you seen this video by Louie Giglio yet? It is really amazing to see how the universe proclaims God's glory. Take some time to watch it. God really is indescribable.

Cats in Paris: a Book Review

In Montreal adult coloring books are everywhere. When we came back to the states a couple of months ago I found they were popular here too. I really enjoy them and am very particular about what I pick. I like a lot of fine details mixed with whimsy.

Cats in Paris by Won-Sun Jang is simply beautiful. It begins with a sort of tour of Paris, with cats of course. There is a bit of narrative in this portion as well. The art is beautiful but not quite the page covering design work I personally love. The rest of the book makes up for it though. There are patterns and intri'cat' designs. The artwork throughout is beautifully done and a joy to fill in. I am so happy to be able to while away my quiet moments with this book.


More InfoAuthor BioI received this book from Blogging for Books for this review