Skip to main content

Little Details Add Up Fast

PackedBoxesWe are moving in two months. It sounds like a lot to most people we talk to, but let me break it down for you. In two weeks, Adam is done working. Two weeks after that is Thanksgiving. One week after that is St. Nicholas Day, when we celebrate Christmas with just the three of us (you'll see why in a moment). Two weeks after that starts the busiest week of our year, the week of Christmas. The weekend before Christmas we will celebrate Jesus birth with Adam's parents and siblings. Wednesday at Adam's Mom's side, Thursday at my Dad's side, Saturday with my immediate family, and Sunday at my Mom's side and possibly also our commissioning service at church. Just days after that we will be heading out for Montreal.

Whew! Top that off with a heavy dose of paperwork, phone calls and research and it feels shorter by the minute. I have to laugh a bit, internally of course, when people ask why Adam thought he needed to quit his job so early. Moving to Canada is not as easy as one might think. On top of the things I have already listed, here is a glimpse of our to do list right now.

  • Call two borders to find out what they need and where is best to cross

  • Decide on driving directions

  • Decide on U-Haul or other moving company

  • Get Tucker in for shots and get all the paperwork on him that we can

  • Finish last bit of support raising

  • Find an apartment and sign lease

  • Get the few things we have out packed back up

  • Spend some time with friends and family before we leave. (we won't see them all at Christmases)

  • figure out banking so we can get the funds we need from our American account to a Canadian one

  • Look into services like cell and internet

  • Set up Adam's videography internship

  • Have several more Skype calls with our team and rep from ReachGlobal

  • Prep and presentation for two more churches

  • (This space reserved for all the things I am forgetting)


Oh my, it is a lot to do. I do wonder sometimes if we have enough time to do them in. I am sure we really will though. God has a way of bringing together the details. We are all looking forward to the end result, which is making our move to Montreal. The hard work will be worth the effort as we step forward on the path God has created for us. There is a lot to do and learn when we get there, but for now I am just envisioning finally unpacking our home that has been packed out of sight for the last seven months. cropped-Montrealevening1.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning the Uke

The Cat Returns is one of my favorite animated films. The end song, Kaze Ni Naru, is one of my favorite parts and gave me the longing to play the ukulele. I found just the uke for me here in Montreal. It is part musical instrument and part souvenir of Quebec. I am not terribly good at it yet, but I am starting to get this song down. Once I have it figured out, I will either attempt to learn the words so I can sing along, or move on to another great song. In the meantime, here is a great cover of the song by someone who has been playing a lot longer than I have.

Indescribable

Have you seen this video by Louie Giglio yet? It is really amazing to see how the universe proclaims God's glory. Take some time to watch it. God really is indescribable.

Cats in Paris: a Book Review

In Montreal adult coloring books are everywhere. When we came back to the states a couple of months ago I found they were popular here too. I really enjoy them and am very particular about what I pick. I like a lot of fine details mixed with whimsy.

Cats in Paris by Won-Sun Jang is simply beautiful. It begins with a sort of tour of Paris, with cats of course. There is a bit of narrative in this portion as well. The art is beautiful but not quite the page covering design work I personally love. The rest of the book makes up for it though. There are patterns and intri'cat' designs. The artwork throughout is beautifully done and a joy to fill in. I am so happy to be able to while away my quiet moments with this book.


More InfoAuthor BioI received this book from Blogging for Books for this review