In the Trenches

2 weeks ago we were feeling great. We were starting to be able to see how a long term mission in Montreal might play out for us and we were pretty excited. The last few days we have felt like the world was on our shoulders. It is just this unexplainable yucky feeling. Homeschool feels weak. Ministry feels sluggish. And we are starting to feel this distance from God.

So, tonight we are talking about it all. Adam and I talk through everything. We talk about spiritual warfare and how hard it is when you are being bombarded by the enemy. Ultimately we are hit the hardest when we are right where we need to be. Then Adam starts laughing. I ask him why he is laughing at me during a serious heart to heart. He proceeds to quote Firefly, our favorite show in case you did not know.SerenityPosterShip
"I've been out of the abbey two days. I've beaten a lawman senseless, I've fallen in with criminals. I watched the captain shoot the man I swore to protect. And I'm not even sure if I think he was wrong. I believe…I just…I think I'm on the wrong ship." - Derrial Book 
"Maybe. Or maybe you're exactly where you ought to be." -
Inara Serra

That sure lightened the mood. It is kind of how we feel right now, with far less violence of course. We will continue to persevere through the battle, seek God through it all, and watch some Firefly in our free time.

No comments: